News in Brief
Chicago Plans Principal Merit Pay
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is establishing a $5 million fund to provide merit pay to reward Chicago's top-performing public school principals. Mr. Emanuel, President Barack Obama's former chief of staff, said four wealthy Chicago families are providing the money over five years. Principals could be eligible to earn annual bonuses of between $5,000 and $10,000.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Co-Principal Vacancy
- Newport City Elementary School, Newport, VT
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Superintendent of Schools
- Levittown Public Schools, Levittown, NY