News in Brief
Chicago Plans Principal Merit Pay
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is establishing a $5 million fund to provide merit pay to reward Chicago's top-performing public school principals. Mr. Emanuel, President Barack Obama's former chief of staff, said four wealthy Chicago families are providing the money over five years. Principals could be eligible to earn annual bonuses of between $5,000 and $10,000.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL