News in Brief
Chicago Plans Principal Merit Pay
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is establishing a $5 million fund to provide merit pay to reward Chicago's top-performing public school principals. Mr. Emanuel, President Barack Obama's former chief of staff, said four wealthy Chicago families are providing the money over five years. Principals could be eligible to earn annual bonuses of between $5,000 and $10,000.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA