News in Brief
Ex-Governor Turns to Lobbying
Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley, a Republican and vocal advocate of strengthening his historically low-performing state's academic standards, told reporters this month that his next role will be as a lobbyist on education and economic development. Paperwork initially filed with the Alabama Ethics Commission lists a number of businesses as Mr. Riley's clients, but no education organizations. One client listed is EADS North America, a defense and aerospace corporation based in Arlington, Va., which recently hired former Louisiana schools chief Paul Pastorek as its chief counsel.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA