News in Brief
Ex-Governor Turns to Lobbying
Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley, a Republican and vocal advocate of strengthening his historically low-performing state's academic standards, told reporters this month that his next role will be as a lobbyist on education and economic development. Paperwork initially filed with the Alabama Ethics Commission lists a number of businesses as Mr. Riley's clients, but no education organizations. One client listed is EADS North America, a defense and aerospace corporation based in Arlington, Va., which recently hired former Louisiana schools chief Paul Pastorek as its chief counsel.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Director, K-12 Tools and Resources
- The College Board, new york 10023, NY
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA