News in Brief
Ex-Governor Turns to Lobbying
Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley, a Republican and vocal advocate of strengthening his historically low-performing state's academic standards, told reporters this month that his next role will be as a lobbyist on education and economic development. Paperwork initially filed with the Alabama Ethics Commission lists a number of businesses as Mr. Riley's clients, but no education organizations. One client listed is EADS North America, a defense and aerospace corporation based in Arlington, Va., which recently hired former Louisiana schools chief Paul Pastorek as its chief counsel.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ