News in Brief
Ex-Governor Turns to Lobbying
Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley, a Republican and vocal advocate of strengthening his historically low-performing state's academic standards, told reporters this month that his next role will be as a lobbyist on education and economic development. Paperwork initially filed with the Alabama Ethics Commission lists a number of businesses as Mr. Riley's clients, but no education organizations. One client listed is EADS North America, a defense and aerospace corporation based in Arlington, Va., which recently hired former Louisiana schools chief Paul Pastorek as its chief counsel.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL