News in Brief
Ex-Governor Turns to Lobbying
Former Alabama Gov. Bob Riley, a Republican and vocal advocate of strengthening his historically low-performing state's academic standards, told reporters this month that his next role will be as a lobbyist on education and economic development. Paperwork initially filed with the Alabama Ethics Commission lists a number of businesses as Mr. Riley's clients, but no education organizations. One client listed is EADS North America, a defense and aerospace corporation based in Arlington, Va., which recently hired former Louisiana schools chief Paul Pastorek as its chief counsel.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD