News in Brief
Gates Joins Stanford ELL Project
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $1 million to a Stanford University-led effort to develop English-language-proficiency resources for states' common-core academic standards. The project, launched last month with $1 million from the Carnegie Foundation of New York, aims to create a framework of the English-language demands in the common-core standards for math and English/language arts, and for the National Research Council's next-generation science standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO