News in Brief
Gates Joins Stanford ELL Project
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $1 million to a Stanford University-led effort to develop English-language-proficiency resources for states' common-core academic standards. The project, launched last month with $1 million from the Carnegie Foundation of New York, aims to create a framework of the English-language demands in the common-core standards for math and English/language arts, and for the National Research Council's next-generation science standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US