News in Brief
Gates Joins Stanford ELL Project
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $1 million to a Stanford University-led effort to develop English-language-proficiency resources for states' common-core academic standards. The project, launched last month with $1 million from the Carnegie Foundation of New York, aims to create a framework of the English-language demands in the common-core standards for math and English/language arts, and for the National Research Council's next-generation science standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA