News in Brief
Gates Joins Stanford ELL Project
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $1 million to a Stanford University-led effort to develop English-language-proficiency resources for states' common-core academic standards. The project, launched last month with $1 million from the Carnegie Foundation of New York, aims to create a framework of the English-language demands in the common-core standards for math and English/language arts, and for the National Research Council's next-generation science standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL