News in Brief
Gates Joins Stanford ELL Project
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has pledged $1 million to a Stanford University-led effort to develop English-language-proficiency resources for states' common-core academic standards. The project, launched last month with $1 million from the Carnegie Foundation of New York, aims to create a framework of the English-language demands in the common-core standards for math and English/language arts, and for the National Research Council's next-generation science standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 01, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY