News in Brief
Scholastic to Scale Back Corporate Sponsorships
Following a controversy over its distribution of free classroom materials sponsored by the coal industry, the educational publisher Scholastic Inc. has signaled that it will significantly reduce but not eliminate corporate partnerships in supplying such materials. Richard Robinson, the president and chief executive officer, said the New York City-based company is focusing on working only with a carefully selected list of nonprofit, corporate, and government partners, each of whom will be vetted by a newly formed Partner Review Board, which is expected to reduce such partnerships by 40 percent.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Senior Turnaround Consultant (Job ID: 8274)
- American Institutes for Research, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX