News in Brief
Scholastic to Scale Back Corporate Sponsorships
Following a controversy over its distribution of free classroom materials sponsored by the coal industry, the educational publisher Scholastic Inc. has signaled that it will significantly reduce but not eliminate corporate partnerships in supplying such materials. Richard Robinson, the president and chief executive officer, said the New York City-based company is focusing on working only with a carefully selected list of nonprofit, corporate, and government partners, each of whom will be vetted by a newly formed Partner Review Board, which is expected to reduce such partnerships by 40 percent.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO