News in Brief
36 States to Apply for Race to Top
Governors in 36 states, along with District of Columbia officials, have told the U.S. Department of Education that they want to compete for $500 million in new Race to the Top money that is designed to spur improvements in early-childhood programs. Applications will be available in late summer, and awards will be made by the end of the year. The list provides a gauge of national interest in the Race to the Top brand, which comes with significantly less money this year.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD