36 States to Apply for Race to Top
Governors in 36 states, along with District of Columbia officials, have told the U.S. Department of Education that they want to compete for $500 million in new Race to the Top money that is designed to spur improvements in early-childhood programs. Applications will be available in late summer, and awards will be made by the end of the year. The list provides a gauge of national interest in the Race to the Top brand, which comes with significantly...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA