News in Brief
N.Y.C. Launching Young Men's Initiative
New York City will spend $127 million in public and private funds on programs designed to help young black and Latino men, ages 16 to 24, with job-placement assistance and fatherhood classes, and on training for school staff on how to help the young men get ahead. Billionaire Mayor Michael Bloomberg promised $30 million from his foundation for the effort. The mayor also helped to raise $1.5 million from private donors to resume regents testing in January.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 6
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA