News in Brief
N.Y.C. Launching Young Men's Initiative
New York City will spend $127 million in public and private funds on programs designed to help young black and Latino men, ages 16 to 24, with job-placement assistance and fatherhood classes, and on training for school staff on how to help the young men get ahead. Billionaire Mayor Michael Bloomberg promised $30 million from his foundation for the effort. The mayor also helped to raise $1.5 million from private donors to resume regents testing in January.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 6
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL