"Physical Activity Levels of High School Students"
Only about 15 percent of high school students across the country met the Healthy People 2020 objectives for aerobic activity, according to a study published by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Healthy People is a 10-year agenda for improving Americans’ health.
The study, published in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report for June 17, also found that only about half of 9th through 12th graders met Healthy People’s objectives for muscle-strengthening activities.
To address such issues, the CDC recommends increasing youth physical activity, including by making physical education classes longer and more active. It also recommends creating or improving access to places for physical activity and outreach activities.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- SDP, Philadelphia, PA
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA