News in Brief
Worst Mich. Schools to Get New Management
Michigan plans to create a new management authority that will take over the lowest-performing schools in the state, starting with Detroit in 2012-13. The Educational Achievement System, as described by Gov. Rick Snyder, a Republican, last month, will allow schools to operate with more autonomy, have a longer school day and year, and devote more money to classroom uses.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL