News in Brief
Worst Mich. Schools to Get New Management
Michigan plans to create a new management authority that will take over the lowest-performing schools in the state, starting with Detroit in 2012-13. The Educational Achievement System, as described by Gov. Rick Snyder, a Republican, last month, will allow schools to operate with more autonomy, have a longer school day and year, and devote more money to classroom uses.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Headmaster, K-8
- Jackson Hole Classical Academy, Jackson Hole, WY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA