News in Brief
Illinois Drops Writing Tests
To save money, Illinois is dropping writing skills from the state's standardized tests for high school juniors. Federal law doesn't require or fund writing tests, and state schools Superintendent Christopher Koch said it was one of the most expensive skills to assess. Eliminating the exams is expected to save the state about $2.4 million.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- School Principal
- BLSYW, Baltimore, MD
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY