News in Brief
Illinois Drops Writing Tests
To save money, Illinois is dropping writing skills from the state's standardized tests for high school juniors. Federal law doesn't require or fund writing tests, and state schools Superintendent Christopher Koch said it was one of the most expensive skills to assess. Eliminating the exams is expected to save the state about $2.4 million.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ