News in Brief
Illinois Drops Writing Tests
To save money, Illinois is dropping writing skills from the state's standardized tests for high school juniors. Federal law doesn't require or fund writing tests, and state schools Superintendent Christopher Koch said it was one of the most expensive skills to assess. Eliminating the exams is expected to save the state about $2.4 million.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Winchester School Committee, Winchester, MA
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations