News in Brief
Illinois Drops Writing Tests
To save money, Illinois is dropping writing skills from the state's standardized tests for high school juniors. Federal law doesn't require or fund writing tests, and state schools Superintendent Christopher Koch said it was one of the most expensive skills to assess. Eliminating the exams is expected to save the state about $2.4 million.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS