News in Brief
Illinois Drops Writing Tests
To save money, Illinois is dropping writing skills from the state's standardized tests for high school juniors. Federal law doesn't require or fund writing tests, and state schools Superintendent Christopher Koch said it was one of the most expensive skills to assess. Eliminating the exams is expected to save the state about $2.4 million.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV