Turnaround School Passes One-Year Milestone
Keith Look has come to the end of a very turbulent year.
As the principal of the former Shawnee High School, he’s had to replace half his staff, cope with unprecedented scrutiny from his district, and learn to work with a trio of turnaround specialists sent in by the state of Kentucky—all the while knowing his job was on the line if the school failed to make academic progress.
The school’s test scores won’t be out for another few months. But, by many measures the school, now called the Academy @ Shawnee, is on the right track toward its goals under the $3.5 billion federal...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Chief Executive Officer
- Prince George's County Public Schools, Prince George`s County, MD
- Vermont Secretary of Education
- Vermont State Board of Education, VT
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ