News in Brief
Five New State Officials Join Jeb Bush's Chiefs for Change
A total of 10 state schools chiefs have signed on to Chiefs for Change, an effort led by former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush aimed at promoting new approaches to evaluating teachers, improving standards and testing, and fostering overall academic innovation.
The new members of the coalition, announced last week, are all new to the state superintendents job: Janet Barresi of Oklahoma, Stephen Bowen of Maine, Kevin Huffman of Tennessee, Chris Cerf of New Jersey, and Hanna Skandera of New Mexico, a former education aide to Mr. Bush in Florida. They Join Tony Bennett of Indiana, Deborah A. Gist of Rhode Island, Paul Pastorek of Louisiana, Gerard Robinson of Virginia, and Eric J. Smith of Florida, who recently announced that he intends to leave his state post.
Vol. 30, Issue 29, Pages 4-5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL