Duncan Urges Schools to Join Earthquake Drill
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan has called for schools nationwide to participate in a public earthquake drill this week. Eleven states, many of them in the New Madrid Seismic Zone, centered in southeastern Missouri, are already taking part in the Great Central U.S. ShakeOut, scheduled for 10:15 a.m. Central time on April 28.
Vol. 30, Issue 29, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ