News in Brief
Duncan Urges Schools to Join Earthquake Drill
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan has called for schools nationwide to participate in a public earthquake drill this week. Eleven states, many of them in the New Madrid Seismic Zone, centered in southeastern Missouri, are already taking part in the Great Central U.S. ShakeOut, scheduled for 10:15 a.m. Central time on April 28.
Vol. 30, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX