News in Brief
Finalists Picked for Obama Graduation
After a slow start to the second annual presidential commencement contest, the White House this month announced six finalists for a chance to have President Barack Obama speak at their graduation ceremonies. The finalists are: Bridgeport High School (Bridgeport, Wash.); Wayne Early Middle College High School (Goldsboro, N.C.); Booker T. Washington High School (Memphis, Tenn.); Science Park High School (Newark, N.J.); Pittsburgh CAPA 6-12, School for Creative and Performing Arts (Pittsburgh, Pa.); and High Tech High International (San Diego, Calif.). The public will be able to vote on schools' video applications, and Mr. Obama will choose the winner. Last year, Kalamazoo Central High School, in Kalamazoo, Mich., won.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations