News in Brief
Broad Announces Finalists
The Broad Foundation has announced the finalists for its Broad Prize in Urban Education, and all four are former contenders: the Broward County and Miami-Dade school districts in Florida, Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district in North Carolina, and Ysleta Independent School District in El Paso, Texas. The prize is intended to recognize districts that demonstrate improvement in student achievement while reducing achievement gaps. The winner, to be announced Sept. 20, will receive $550,000 in college scholarships for seniors graduating in 2012. Each other finalist will receive $150,000 in scholarships.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations