News in Brief
Broad Announces Finalists
The Broad Foundation has announced the finalists for its Broad Prize in Urban Education, and all four are former contenders: the Broward County and Miami-Dade school districts in Florida, Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district in North Carolina, and Ysleta Independent School District in El Paso, Texas. The prize is intended to recognize districts that demonstrate improvement in student achievement while reducing achievement gaps. The winner, to be announced Sept. 20, will receive $550,000 in college scholarships for seniors graduating in 2012. Each other finalist will receive $150,000 in scholarships.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Consultant - Los Angeles, CA
- Insight Education Group, Multiple Locations
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN