News in Brief
Broad Announces Finalists
The Broad Foundation has announced the finalists for its Broad Prize in Urban Education, and all four are former contenders: the Broward County and Miami-Dade school districts in Florida, Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district in North Carolina, and Ysleta Independent School District in El Paso, Texas. The prize is intended to recognize districts that demonstrate improvement in student achievement while reducing achievement gaps. The winner, to be announced Sept. 20, will receive $550,000 in college scholarships for seniors graduating in 2012. Each other finalist will receive $150,000 in scholarships.
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO