News in Brief
Broward Schools Chief Retiring
Jim Notter, the superintendent of the Broward County, Fla., schools since 2007, announced last week that he would retire from the nations sixth-largest district by the end of the school year. A grand jury recently released a report highly critical of what it called corruption in the 257,000-student district. The report criticized Mr. Notters leadership, saying he allowed meddling and interference by the school board.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA