News in Brief
Broward Schools Chief Retiring
Jim Notter, the superintendent of the Broward County, Fla., schools since 2007, announced last week that he would retire from the nations sixth-largest district by the end of the school year. A grand jury recently released a report highly critical of what it called corruption in the 257,000-student district. The report criticized Mr. Notters leadership, saying he allowed meddling and interference by the school board.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations