News in Brief
Broward Schools Chief Retiring
Jim Notter, the superintendent of the Broward County, Fla., schools since 2007, announced last week that he would retire from the nations sixth-largest district by the end of the school year. A grand jury recently released a report highly critical of what it called corruption in the 257,000-student district. The report criticized Mr. Notters leadership, saying he allowed meddling and interference by the school board.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, NE
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC