News in Brief
Broward Schools Chief Retiring
Jim Notter, the superintendent of the Broward County, Fla., schools since 2007, announced last week that he would retire from the nations sixth-largest district by the end of the school year. A grand jury recently released a report highly critical of what it called corruption in the 257,000-student district. The report criticized Mr. Notters leadership, saying he allowed meddling and interference by the school board.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA