News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Assistant or Associate Professor - Early Childhood/Literacy
- The College of Staten Island – The City University of New York, Staten Island, NY
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations