News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY