News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT