News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO