News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations