News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY