News in Brief
Providence Superintendent Leaving
Thomas Brady, a retired Army colonel and graduate of the Broad Foundation-sponsored superintendents academy, said he will step down as chief of the 23,700-student Providence, R.I., school district by summer. He did not give a reason for leaving after three years. Providence is a mayor-controlled district. This year, with the city facing a $110 million budget deficit, Mayor Angel Tavares sent pink slips to all 1,925 teachers and recommended closing four schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ