Budget Eliminates Emergency Grants; Districts Regroup
While working on her doctoral dissertation, Karen Z. Schulte learned Columbine High School had well-developed plans to handle crises—before the massacre.
But the Colorado school had never tested them. “I thought, ‘I don’t want to be in the same boat,’ ” she said.
Now, as superintendent of the 10,000-student Janesville district in Wisconsin, Ms. Schulte has a grant from the federal government that paid for training school employees in how to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR