News in Brief
D.C. Schools Chief Named
Kaya Henderson, a deputy District of Columbia schools chancellor under former Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee, was named to the top post last week. Ms. Henderson had been serving as interim chief of the 45,000-student district since Ms. Rhee stepped down in October. U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan endorsed the new schools chief for the position.
Vol. 30, Issue 24, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA