News in Brief
W.Va. Names State Chief
Career educator Jorea M. Marple will become West Virginia's first female state superintendent on March 1. Ms. Marple, 62, was appointed to the job of overseeing the education of 282,000 students by the state board of education from a pool of three candidates and replaces an interim chief. She has spent her entire career in West Virginia, including five years as a district superintendent.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom