News in Brief
W.Va. Names State Chief
Career educator Jorea M. Marple will become West Virginia's first female state superintendent on March 1. Ms. Marple, 62, was appointed to the job of overseeing the education of 282,000 students by the state board of education from a pool of three candidates and replaces an interim chief. She has spent her entire career in West Virginia, including five years as a district superintendent.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA