News in Brief
W.Va. Names State Chief
Career educator Jorea M. Marple will become West Virginia's first female state superintendent on March 1. Ms. Marple, 62, was appointed to the job of overseeing the education of 282,000 students by the state board of education from a pool of three candidates and replaces an interim chief. She has spent her entire career in West Virginia, including five years as a district superintendent.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS