News in Brief
W.Va. Names State Chief
Career educator Jorea M. Marple will become West Virginia's first female state superintendent on March 1. Ms. Marple, 62, was appointed to the job of overseeing the education of 282,000 students by the state board of education from a pool of three candidates and replaces an interim chief. She has spent her entire career in West Virginia, including five years as a district superintendent.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations