News in Brief
W.Va. Names State Chief
Career educator Jorea M. Marple will become West Virginia's first female state superintendent on March 1. Ms. Marple, 62, was appointed to the job of overseeing the education of 282,000 students by the state board of education from a pool of three candidates and replaces an interim chief. She has spent her entire career in West Virginia, including five years as a district superintendent.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Multiple Positions
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR