Schoolwide Pay Experiment In NYC Yields Few Gains
"Teacher Incentive Pay and Educational Outcomes: Evidence From the New York City Bonus Program"
New York City schools’ now-suspended experiment in schoolwide bonus pay for teachers didn’t seem to raise student achievement overall—and in schools with many teachers, it also may have diluted individual incentives for boosting achievement growth, concludes a new study by...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL