News in Brief
Rand Paul Joins Education Panel
U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican freshman from Kentucky who has called for eliminating the U.S. Department of Education, is among the new members of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., another new member of the Senate who is joining committee, sued the department over the No Child Left Behind Act when he was state attorney general.
Vol. 30, Issue 20, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY