News in Brief
Rand Paul Joins Education Panel
U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican freshman from Kentucky who has called for eliminating the U.S. Department of Education, is among the new members of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., another new member of the Senate who is joining committee, sued the department over the No Child Left Behind Act when he was state attorney general.
Vol. 30, Issue 20, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH