News in Brief
NYC Deputy Chancellor Retires
Deputy Chancellor Eric Nadelstern, once thought to be a candidate for the top job at the 1.1 million-student district, retired last week after 39 years in the school system. Mr. Nadelstern began his career as a teacher in the Bronx. He was passed over for the chancellors job in favor of former publishing executive Cathleen P. Black, who started work in January. Her appointment was contingent upon her naming of a chief academic officer; she chose Shael Polakow-Suransky, another deputy chancellor.
Vol. 30, Issue 19, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA