NYC Deputy Chancellor Retires
Deputy Chancellor Eric Nadelstern, once thought to be a candidate for the top job at the 1.1 million-student district, retired last week after 39 years in the school system. Mr. Nadelstern began his career as a teacher in the Bronx. He was passed over for the chancellors job in favor of former publishing executive Cathleen P. Black, who started work in January. Her appointment was contingent upon her naming of a chief academic officer; she chose Shael Polakow-Suransky, another deputy chancellor.
Vol. 30, Issue 19, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations