News in Brief
NYC Deputy Chancellor Retires
Deputy Chancellor Eric Nadelstern, once thought to be a candidate for the top job at the 1.1 million-student district, retired last week after 39 years in the school system. Mr. Nadelstern began his career as a teacher in the Bronx. He was passed over for the chancellors job in favor of former publishing executive Cathleen P. Black, who started work in January. Her appointment was contingent upon her naming of a chief academic officer; she chose Shael Polakow-Suransky, another deputy chancellor.
Vol. 30, Issue 19, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA