NYC Deputy Chancellor Retires
Deputy Chancellor Eric Nadelstern, once thought to be a candidate for the top job at the 1.1 million-student district, retired last week after 39 years in the school system. Mr. Nadelstern began his career as a teacher in the Bronx. He was passed over for the chancellors job in favor of former publishing executive Cathleen P. Black, who started work in January. Her appointment was contingent upon her naming of a chief academic officer; she chose Shael Polakow-Suransky, another deputy chancellor.
Vol. 30, Issue 19, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Randolph, MA Superintendent
- NESDEC, Randolph, MA
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD