News in Brief
NYC Deputy Chancellor Retires
Deputy Chancellor Eric Nadelstern, once thought to be a candidate for the top job at the 1.1 million-student district, retired last week after 39 years in the school system. Mr. Nadelstern began his career as a teacher in the Bronx. He was passed over for the chancellors job in favor of former publishing executive Cathleen P. Black, who started work in January. Her appointment was contingent upon her naming of a chief academic officer; she chose Shael Polakow-Suransky, another deputy chancellor.
Vol. 30, Issue 19, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US