News in Brief
Newark Superintendent Resigns
Clifford Janey, the superintendent of New Jersey's largest school district, announced his resignation last week, four months after Gov. Chris Christie decided not to renew his contract for the $280,000 Newark job. The governor had said Mr. Janeys reform plans for the state-run district had moved too slowly. Mr. Janey previously served as superintendent in the District of Columbia.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of