News in Brief
Newark Superintendent Resigns
Clifford Janey, the superintendent of New Jersey's largest school district, announced his resignation last week, four months after Gov. Chris Christie decided not to renew his contract for the $280,000 Newark job. The governor had said Mr. Janeys reform plans for the state-run district had moved too slowly. Mr. Janey previously served as superintendent in the District of Columbia.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO