Newark Superintendent Resigns
Clifford Janey, the superintendent of New Jersey's largest school district, announced his resignation last week, four months after Gov. Chris Christie decided not to renew his contract for the $280,000 Newark job. The governor had said Mr. Janeys reform plans for the state-run district had moved too slowly. Mr. Janey previously served as superintendent in the District of Columbia.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH