News in Brief
Neb. Bill Would Arm Teachers
Two weeks after a teenage gunman killed the vice principal and wounded the principal inside an Omaha, Neb., high school, a state lawmaker introduced legislation that would allow school administrators, teachers, and security personnel to carry concealed handguns in school. Under state Sen. Mark Christensen's bill, two-thirds of the local school board would have to approve.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL