News in Brief
Neb. Bill Would Arm Teachers
Two weeks after a teenage gunman killed the vice principal and wounded the principal inside an Omaha, Neb., high school, a state lawmaker introduced legislation that would allow school administrators, teachers, and security personnel to carry concealed handguns in school. Under state Sen. Mark Christensen's bill, two-thirds of the local school board would have to approve.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH