News in Brief
Neb. Bill Would Arm Teachers
Two weeks after a teenage gunman killed the vice principal and wounded the principal inside an Omaha, Neb., high school, a state lawmaker introduced legislation that would allow school administrators, teachers, and security personnel to carry concealed handguns in school. Under state Sen. Mark Christensen's bill, two-thirds of the local school board would have to approve.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Healthy Start Academy, Durham, NC
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA