News in Brief
Neb. Bill Would Arm Teachers
Two weeks after a teenage gunman killed the vice principal and wounded the principal inside an Omaha, Neb., high school, a state lawmaker introduced legislation that would allow school administrators, teachers, and security personnel to carry concealed handguns in school. Under state Sen. Mark Christensen's bill, two-thirds of the local school board would have to approve.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA