News in Brief
70 Detroit Schools May Close
Robert Bobb, the emergency financial manager for Detroits public schools, submitted a proposal to state officials last week that includes closing 70 more school district buildings within the next two years to cut the districts $327 million budget deficit. Mr. Bobb said the closings would increase high school class sizes to 62 by 2014.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Deputy Superintendent
- Blue Valley Schools, Overland Park, KS
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO