News in Brief
70 Detroit Schools May Close
Robert Bobb, the emergency financial manager for Detroits public schools, submitted a proposal to state officials last week that includes closing 70 more school district buildings within the next two years to cut the districts $327 million budget deficit. Mr. Bobb said the closings would increase high school class sizes to 62 by 2014.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL