News in Brief
70 Detroit Schools May Close
Robert Bobb, the emergency financial manager for Detroits public schools, submitted a proposal to state officials last week that includes closing 70 more school district buildings within the next two years to cut the districts $327 million budget deficit. Mr. Bobb said the closings would increase high school class sizes to 62 by 2014.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX