News in Brief
70 Detroit Schools May Close
Robert Bobb, the emergency financial manager for Detroits public schools, submitted a proposal to state officials last week that includes closing 70 more school district buildings within the next two years to cut the districts $327 million budget deficit. Mr. Bobb said the closings would increase high school class sizes to 62 by 2014.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Director of Field Placement & Certification
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO