News in Brief
1,500 Jobs at Risk in N.C. District
Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools Superintendent Peter Gorman last week recommended cutting hundreds of teaching and assistant jobs to help close an expected $100 million budget shortfall. He also proposed extending the school day and eliminating a preschool program. The cuts would represent about 9 percent of the districts 16,000 employees.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO