News in Brief
1,500 Jobs at Risk in N.C. District
Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools Superintendent Peter Gorman last week recommended cutting hundreds of teaching and assistant jobs to help close an expected $100 million budget shortfall. He also proposed extending the school day and eliminating a preschool program. The cuts would represent about 9 percent of the districts 16,000 employees.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- PRINCIPAL - POWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Hernando County School District, Brooksville, FL
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC