News in Brief
N.Y. Adds Kindergarten Math
New Yorks board of regents approved changes in the statewide curriculum and testing last week that include requiring the teaching of basic math and counting concepts in kindergarten. The new standards will be in place by the 2011-12 school year.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL