N.Y. Adds Kindergarten Math
New Yorks board of regents approved changes in the statewide curriculum and testing last week that include requiring the teaching of basic math and counting concepts in kindergarten. The new standards will be in place by the 2011-12 school year.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX