News in Brief
N.Y. Adds Kindergarten Math
New Yorks board of regents approved changes in the statewide curriculum and testing last week that include requiring the teaching of basic math and counting concepts in kindergarten. The new standards will be in place by the 2011-12 school year.
Vol. 30, Issue 17, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Math Team Lead
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Spanish Teacher
- Adams County School District 50, Westminster, CO