News in Brief
Michelle Rhee Joins Florida Gov.-Elect's Transition Team
Former District of Columbia Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee has joined Florida Gov.-elect Rick Scott’s transition team on education, Mr. Scott announced last week.
The Republican said Ms. Rhee would help him “find innovative ways to create a new education system for a new economy.”
Ms. Rhee aggressively pushed for change during her three years as chancellor of the District of Columbia schools. She launched a new evaluation and performance-pay system for teachers, fired teachers who were deemed underperforming, and closed schools. Ms. Rhee resigned in October after Mayor Adrian Fenty lost his renomination bid.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Kindergarten teacher
- Saint Sophia School, Holladay, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Deputy Chief Academic Supports Officer
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR