News in Brief
Criminal Charges Possible in Atlanta Cheating Probe
Former Georgia Attorney General Mike Bowers and former DeKalb County District Attorney Bob Wilson have been appointed special assistant district attorneys for an investigation into allegations of test tampering in Atlanta’s public schools.
The appointments mean the probe into possible cheating at 58 Atlanta schools is likely headed for criminal prosecution.
Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said the two prosecutors had presented his office with clear-cut evidence that test results were improperly altered by school system employees. He said he may impanel a special investigative grand jury, as well.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA