News in Brief
43 Los Angeles Campuses Eligible for Choice Reform
The Los Angeles Unified School District says 43 campuses are eligible for public school choice, meaning nonprofits, charter operators, and teachers can apply to run underachieving or new campuses.
The nation’s second-largest school district announced last week that the third round of public school choice, the cornerstone of the Los Angeles reforms, makes 26 existing schools and 17 new campuses open to the bidding process. That compares with 12 in the second round and 36 in the first.
The teachers’ union has been critical of the endeavor, saying it’s a giveaway of public schools.
Vol. 30, Issue 11, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom