News in Brief
San Francisco Targets 'Cheating' Families
San Francisco school officials have gone on the offensive against students who lie about where they live so they can attend the city's schools. Over the last seven months, the district has identified 200 students who do not live within the city’s limits and kicked them out. Violators who come forward will be allowed to finish the semester, and their parents will not be charged the $500 to $4,500 per student the district says it has spent finding the offenders.
Vol. 30, Issue 11, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY