News in Brief
San Francisco Targets 'Cheating' Families
San Francisco school officials have gone on the offensive against students who lie about where they live so they can attend the city's schools. Over the last seven months, the district has identified 200 students who do not live within the city’s limits and kicked them out. Violators who come forward will be allowed to finish the semester, and their parents will not be charged the $500 to $4,500 per student the district says it has spent finding the offenders.
Vol. 30, Issue 11, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ