How Election 2010 Could Influence Education
With the 2010 election just days away, Education Week reporters Alyson Klein and Sean Cavanagh sat down to discuss the top federal and state races to watch and the implications that the election results could have for education in the United States. On the federal side, if control of Congress flips from the Democrats to the Republicans, it could have major potential implications for important legislation, such as the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, and the future of Race to the Top. In the states, 37 governors races and seven school superintendent races are on the ballots, all carrying the potential to change the direction of education policy in the states.
Listen to the audio now or take it with you as a downloadable podcast.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations