News in Brief
New Mexico Adopts Common Standards
New Mexico Secretary of Education Designate Susanna Murphy last week approved the common-core standards for math and English/language arts for her state, taking the number of states adopting the standards to 39, plus the District of Columbia. However, citing concern about the time needed to prepare assessments, instructional materials, and professional-development materials, Ms. Murphy decided to delay implementation until 2012, according to her chief of staff, Lori Bachman.
Vol. 30, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom