News in Brief
Wake County, N.C., Changes Course
The Wake County, N.C., school board, which drew fire for dropping a student-assignment plan based on socioeconomic diversity, has now rejected its intended substitute, meaning the board will start over in its move toward community-based schools. The board voted last week to throw out its proposed 16-zone student-assignment plan.
Vol. 30, Issue 07, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA