News in Brief
Wake County, N.C., Changes Course
The Wake County, N.C., school board, which drew fire for dropping a student-assignment plan based on socioeconomic diversity, has now rejected its intended substitute, meaning the board will start over in its move toward community-based schools. The board voted last week to throw out its proposed 16-zone student-assignment plan.
Vol. 30, Issue 07, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA