News in Brief
Wake County, N.C., Changes Course
The Wake County, N.C., school board, which drew fire for dropping a student-assignment plan based on socioeconomic diversity, has now rejected its intended substitute, meaning the board will start over in its move toward community-based schools. The board voted last week to throw out its proposed 16-zone student-assignment plan.
Vol. 30, Issue 07, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Dunlap Community Unit School Dist. No. 323, Peoria, IL
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN