News in Brief
Pearson Pays for FCAT Delays
Florida has collected $14.7 million in penalties from a contractor that delivered standardized-test results more than a month late, and that amount could grow, the state’s education commissioner said last week. Pearson, which is in the first year of a four-year, $254 million contract to grade the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test, also outlined steps it is taking to prevent future delays, including adding more technical support.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL