News in Brief
Pearson Pays for FCAT Delays
Florida has collected $14.7 million in penalties from a contractor that delivered standardized-test results more than a month late, and that amount could grow, the state’s education commissioner said last week. Pearson, which is in the first year of a four-year, $254 million contract to grade the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test, also outlined steps it is taking to prevent future delays, including adding more technical support.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Jefferson County Public Schools WV, Charles Town, WV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL