News in Brief
Pearson Pays for FCAT Delays
Florida has collected $14.7 million in penalties from a contractor that delivered standardized-test results more than a month late, and that amount could grow, the state’s education commissioner said last week. Pearson, which is in the first year of a four-year, $254 million contract to grade the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test, also outlined steps it is taking to prevent future delays, including adding more technical support.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ