News in Brief
Atlanta Board Ousts Top Leaders
The Atlanta school board voted 5-4 last week to replace its chairwoman and vice chairwoman after approving a policy that allows it to remove its leaders by a simple majority vote. The move follows Gov. Sonny Perdue’s decision last month to place the Atlanta system under investigation for its handling of a probe after officials found suspicious erasures on the state’s 2009 Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA