News in Brief
Atlanta Board Ousts Top Leaders
The Atlanta school board voted 5-4 last week to replace its chairwoman and vice chairwoman after approving a policy that allows it to remove its leaders by a simple majority vote. The move follows Gov. Sonny Perdue’s decision last month to place the Atlanta system under investigation for its handling of a probe after officials found suspicious erasures on the state’s 2009 Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations