News in Brief
Atlanta Board Ousts Top Leaders
The Atlanta school board voted 5-4 last week to replace its chairwoman and vice chairwoman after approving a policy that allows it to remove its leaders by a simple majority vote. The move follows Gov. Sonny Perdue’s decision last month to place the Atlanta system under investigation for its handling of a probe after officials found suspicious erasures on the state’s 2009 Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL