News in Brief
Atlanta Board Ousts Top Leaders
The Atlanta school board voted 5-4 last week to replace its chairwoman and vice chairwoman after approving a policy that allows it to remove its leaders by a simple majority vote. The move follows Gov. Sonny Perdue’s decision last month to place the Atlanta system under investigation for its handling of a probe after officials found suspicious erasures on the state’s 2009 Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests.
Vol. 30, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, NE
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Director: Assessment, Research & Evaluation
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District, Santa Monica, CA