News in Brief
21st-Century-Skills Group to Move In With the Chiefs
The Partnership for 21st Century Skills, an organization that advocates the infusion of skills such as collaboration, global awareness, and self-direction into a strong academic core of knowledge, is moving in with the Council of Chief State School Officers.
The groups announced a “strategic management relationship” late last month under which P21 will remain an independent organization, but will move into the council’s Washington offices and receive unspecified “financial and human-resources management” support from the chiefs’ group, beginning Dec. 1.
P21’s executive board told its supporters in an e-mail that it is excited about “taking the organization to its next level of influence” and “having a significant presence in D.C.” by entering into this new relationship.
Both the e-mail and press release noted “synergy” between P21’s work and the CCSSO’s, and singled out the common-standards initiative and the looming reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as examples of shared views.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY