News in Brief
21st-Century-Skills Group to Move In With the Chiefs
The Partnership for 21st Century Skills, an organization that advocates the infusion of skills such as collaboration, global awareness, and self-direction into a strong academic core of knowledge, is moving in with the Council of Chief State School Officers.
The groups announced a “strategic management relationship” late last month under which P21 will remain an independent organization, but will move into the council’s Washington offices and receive unspecified “financial and human-resources management” support from the chiefs’ group, beginning Dec. 1.
P21’s executive board told its supporters in an e-mail that it is excited about “taking the organization to its next level of influence” and “having a significant presence in D.C.” by entering into this new relationship.
Both the e-mail and press release noted “synergy” between P21’s work and the CCSSO’s, and singled out the common-standards initiative and the looming reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as examples of shared views.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, NY
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations