News in Brief
National Staff Development Council Changes Name
The National Staff Development Council, a membership group working to improve post-preparation professional development for teachers, has begun rebranding itself Learning Forward. The name “represents that what we do today in schools affects lives far into the future,” the group’s deputy executive director, Joellen Killion, wrote. She said the group will continue to develop resources and information to support educator learning and advocate policies and practices that ensure professional learning leads to student achievement.
Vol. 30, Issue 03, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Director, Post-Secondary Workforce Readiness Program
- Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, CO