Federal Role Touchy in Standards Push
Memo to Congress and the U.S. Department of Education: Stay out of the common-standards business.
That was the message at a recent Education Commission of the States session from Gov. Phil Bredesen, whose state has signed on to the common-standards effort—and was a winner in the Race to the Top competition, in which common standards...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA