News in Brief
Los Angeles Unveils Nation's Costliest School
Robert F. Kennedy Community School opens this month in Los Angeles former Ambassador Hotel, where the former attorney general was assassinated in 1968, it will be the nations most expensive public school yet. The $578 million, K-12 complex will serve 4,200 students and include a marble memorial of Mr. Kennedy, a manicured public park, a swimming pool, and parts of the original hotel. It follows on the heels of the city's new $377 million Edward R. Roybal Learning Center and the $232 million Visual and Performing Arts High School.
Vol. 30, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Headmaster, K-8
- Jackson Hole Classical Academy, Jackson Hole, WY