News in Brief
Los Angeles Unveils Nation's Costliest School
Robert F. Kennedy Community School opens this month in Los Angeles former Ambassador Hotel, where the former attorney general was assassinated in 1968, it will be the nations most expensive public school yet. The $578 million, K-12 complex will serve 4,200 students and include a marble memorial of Mr. Kennedy, a manicured public park, a swimming pool, and parts of the original hotel. It follows on the heels of the city's new $377 million Edward R. Roybal Learning Center and the $232 million Visual and Performing Arts High School.
Vol. 30, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations