School-Based Health Centers Await Boost Under New Law
$200 million in federal aid, to roll out over four years, has yet to begin flowing.
School-based health centers, which provide comprehensive medical care to students beyond the standard school-nurse clinic model, are awaiting a big boost from the federal government under the law overhauling the nation’s health-care system.
The bill also authorizes the government to distribute additional money for operating costs, such as...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Diversity Hiring Fair
- The Potomac SChool, Mclean, VA
- Principal - Elementary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO