News in Brief
N.Y. Test Scores Plummet
The number of New York state students judged proficient or higher on the states tests plunged after the board of regents adjusted the grading scale. The board reported last month that 53 percent of students in grades 3-8 scored proficient or higher in English this year, compared with 77 percent last year. Math scores also dropped. The board said it adjusted the standards and made future exams less predictable to reflect expectations for college-bound students.
Vol. 29, Issue 37, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY