News in Brief
N.Y. Test Scores Plummet
The number of New York state students judged proficient or higher on the states tests plunged after the board of regents adjusted the grading scale. The board reported last month that 53 percent of students in grades 3-8 scored proficient or higher in English this year, compared with 77 percent last year. Math scores also dropped. The board said it adjusted the standards and made future exams less predictable to reflect expectations for college-bound students.
Vol. 29, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ