News in Brief
Missouri Cuts Funding for Parents as Teachers Program
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon signed legislation last month cutting funding and allowing fees to be charged for the early-childhood education program Parents as Teachers, a national program that started in Missouri in 1981. Gov. Nixon also blocked some funding for busing assistance and signed bills giving school districts more flexibility in deciding how to spend money during tough budget times.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Wissahickon School District, PA