News in Brief
Missouri Cuts Funding for Parents as Teachers Program
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon signed legislation last month cutting funding and allowing fees to be charged for the early-childhood education program Parents as Teachers, a national program that started in Missouri in 1981. Gov. Nixon also blocked some funding for busing assistance and signed bills giving school districts more flexibility in deciding how to spend money during tough budget times.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ