News in Brief
Missouri Cuts Funding for Parents as Teachers Program
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon signed legislation last month cutting funding and allowing fees to be charged for the early-childhood education program Parents as Teachers, a national program that started in Missouri in 1981. Gov. Nixon also blocked some funding for busing assistance and signed bills giving school districts more flexibility in deciding how to spend money during tough budget times.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Winchester School Committee, Winchester, MA
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ