News in Brief
Missouri Cuts Funding for Parents as Teachers Program
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon signed legislation last month cutting funding and allowing fees to be charged for the early-childhood education program Parents as Teachers, a national program that started in Missouri in 1981. Gov. Nixon also blocked some funding for busing assistance and signed bills giving school districts more flexibility in deciding how to spend money during tough budget times.
Vol. 29, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- The New School Montessori, Cincinnati, OH
- Senior Research and Policy Associate
- Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE), Stanford, CA