News in Brief
Ohio Backs Common Standards
Ohio last week became the seventh state to adopt common standards in math and English/language arts. Wisconsin and North Carolina approved the standard a few days earlier, joining four other states—Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, and West Virginia—that gave conditional approval before the final versions were released June 2.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh