News in Brief
Ore. Court Allows Drug Searches
The Oregon Supreme Court ruled last week that high school students can be searched for illegal drugs without a warrant if school officials have a reasonable suspicion based on specific facts. The court said schools are not held to the higher standard of requiring probable cause for a search if officials believe there is an immediate risk of harm from drug possession on school grounds. It noted schools responsibility to protect students from harm, maintain order, and fulfill an educational mission.
Vol. 29, Issue 35, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE