News in Brief
Indianapolis Schools Chief Suspends 40-Plus Students
Students at Arlington High School in Indianapolis might want to shape up the next time the superintendent pays a visit.
Superintendent Eugene White of the Indianapolis public schools visited the east side school on May 5 and suspended between 40 and 50 students for not following rules. Their offenses included insubordination, tardiness, not having identification cards, and dress-code violations.
A district representative says the states largest school district is sending students a message that rules are rules even with the end of the school year approaching.
Vol. 29, Issue 31, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT