News in Brief
Indianapolis Schools Chief Suspends 40-Plus Students
Students at Arlington High School in Indianapolis might want to shape up the next time the superintendent pays a visit.
Superintendent Eugene White of the Indianapolis public schools visited the east side school on May 5 and suspended between 40 and 50 students for not following rules. Their offenses included insubordination, tardiness, not having identification cards, and dress-code violations.
A district representative says the states largest school district is sending students a message that rules are rules even with the end of the school year approaching.
Vol. 29, Issue 31, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Permanent Head of School
- The Greta Berman Arbetter Kazoo School, Kalamazoo, MI
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Chief Financial Officer
- Idaho Charter School Network, Boise, ID