News in Brief
Indianapolis Schools Chief Suspends 40-Plus Students
Students at Arlington High School in Indianapolis might want to shape up the next time the superintendent pays a visit.
Superintendent Eugene White of the Indianapolis public schools visited the east side school on May 5 and suspended between 40 and 50 students for not following rules. Their offenses included insubordination, tardiness, not having identification cards, and dress-code violations.
A district representative says the states largest school district is sending students a message that rules are rules even with the end of the school year approaching.
Vol. 29, Issue 31, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Elementary Principal Madarin Dual Language Program
- Bellevue School District, Bellevue, WA
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda