News in Brief
Indianapolis Schools Chief Suspends 40-Plus Students
Students at Arlington High School in Indianapolis might want to shape up the next time the superintendent pays a visit.
Superintendent Eugene White of the Indianapolis public schools visited the east side school on May 5 and suspended between 40 and 50 students for not following rules. Their offenses included insubordination, tardiness, not having identification cards, and dress-code violations.
A district representative says the states largest school district is sending students a message that rules are rules even with the end of the school year approaching.
Vol. 29, Issue 31, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL