News in Brief
Fla. Board Bans Paddling
The Marion County school board has decided that area principals can no longer paddle misbehaving students as punishment. Board members voted last week to take the option out of the student code of conduct for next school year. According to a local newspaper, principals previously could have paddled students in front of a witness with the permission of a parent.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY