News in Brief
Fla. Board Bans Paddling
The Marion County school board has decided that area principals can no longer paddle misbehaving students as punishment. Board members voted last week to take the option out of the student code of conduct for next school year. According to a local newspaper, principals previously could have paddled students in front of a witness with the permission of a parent.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Superintendent, Piedmont Unified School District
- Piedmont Unified School District, Piedmont, CA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL