News in Brief
Fla. Board Bans Paddling
The Marion County school board has decided that area principals can no longer paddle misbehaving students as punishment. Board members voted last week to take the option out of the student code of conduct for next school year. According to a local newspaper, principals previously could have paddled students in front of a witness with the permission of a parent.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations