News in Brief
Teacher Who Wrote 'Loser' Quits
An Ohio teacher accused of writing the word "loser" on a student's arm has resigned ahead of a scheduled disciplinary hearing. Her lawyer said last week that Amy Butterfield did not want the boy involved in the hearing process and felt it was best to leave her job. Robert Washbur said that Ms. Butterfield was only joking with the 2nd grader and that she wrote "loser" in orange marker on the boys arm after he said he wanted to do that to her.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Deputy, Specialized Services
- School District of Philadelphia, Multiple Locations
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY