News in Brief
Teacher Who Wrote 'Loser' Quits
An Ohio teacher accused of writing the word "loser" on a student's arm has resigned ahead of a scheduled disciplinary hearing. Her lawyer said last week that Amy Butterfield did not want the boy involved in the hearing process and felt it was best to leave her job. Robert Washbur said that Ms. Butterfield was only joking with the 2nd grader and that she wrote "loser" in orange marker on the boys arm after he said he wanted to do that to her.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School, Clearwater, FL
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations