News in Brief
Teacher Who Wrote 'Loser' Quits
An Ohio teacher accused of writing the word "loser" on a student's arm has resigned ahead of a scheduled disciplinary hearing. Her lawyer said last week that Amy Butterfield did not want the boy involved in the hearing process and felt it was best to leave her job. Robert Washbur said that Ms. Butterfield was only joking with the 2nd grader and that she wrote "loser" in orange marker on the boys arm after he said he wanted to do that to her.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Consultant - Los Angeles, CA
- Insight Education Group, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC