News in Brief
Teacher Who Wrote 'Loser' Quits
An Ohio teacher accused of writing the word "loser" on a student's arm has resigned ahead of a scheduled disciplinary hearing. Her lawyer said last week that Amy Butterfield did not want the boy involved in the hearing process and felt it was best to leave her job. Robert Washbur said that Ms. Butterfield was only joking with the 2nd grader and that she wrote "loser" in orange marker on the boys arm after he said he wanted to do that to her.
Vol. 29, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA