News in Brief
Baltimore Archdiocese Plans to Shut Down 13 Schools
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore says it will close 13 schools in that city and Baltimore County at the end of the current school year. Twelve are K-8 schools, and the other is a high school.
The closings will displace 2,152 students. The archdiocese says there are 325 employees in the schools, including 231 teachers. The archdiocese will try to place staff members in its remaining 70 schools. Archbishop Edwin OBrien called the closings an effort to stop and regroup in the face of continuing financial woes.
Vol. 29, Issue 24, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA