News in Brief
Baltimore Archdiocese Plans to Shut Down 13 Schools
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Baltimore says it will close 13 schools in that city and Baltimore County at the end of the current school year. Twelve are K-8 schools, and the other is a high school.
The closings will displace 2,152 students. The archdiocese says there are 325 employees in the schools, including 231 teachers. The archdiocese will try to place staff members in its remaining 70 schools. Archbishop Edwin OBrien called the closings an effort to stop and regroup in the face of continuing financial woes.
Vol. 29, Issue 24, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Head of School
- Casa Esperanza Montessori Charter School, Raleigh, NC