Wash. Governor Confident of School Reform Efforts
Some have criticized Gov. Chris Gregoire's education reform proposal for lacking boldness, but she said the bill moving through the Legislature has everything necessary to prepare the state to apply for millions of new dollars from the federal government.
Gregoire said during an interview Thursday that the reform proposal was the result of careful negotiations among the state principals association, the state teacher's union, the superintendent of public instruction and the governor.
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR